Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Waiting on Home

It is Wednesday so that means I will be linking up with Holly for Waiting on Wednesday.


On Saturday while Ty and I were driving to Waco the song "Home" by Philip Philips came on. 



This song came out at just the right time. I had never moved in my life until Ad got his first coaching job.  I listened to this song over and over. I prayed and prayed that I would find my "home" in this new chapter of life.  

I am not going to lie it was hard to move away from all I have ever known. My small town of 835 people, was all I had ever experienced.  My family is there and all of my friends and I was scared to leave them. 

To make it worse we "officially" moved on my birthday! 

Just hours before we left I was eating my "birthday cake" also known as my gran's fruit pizza. 

That whole summer I was in Amarillo in training for my job and would come home on the weekends and we would pack stuff but we did not get moved in to our home until August 4th. 

This was us all packed in the truck leaving Rising Star. 
{I might have cried} 

The move was hard on me. There were many nights when I would cry while Ad was gone to practice and just feel lonely. I did not know anyone and it was even harder because I am not a teacher and get to meet other teachers during inservice, like Ad did.  I also worked out of town and in a very stressful job. I felt like no one understood. 

My husband is very outgoing and can talk to anyone, me not so much. I am a worrier by nature and for the first couple of months I was so scared about what people thought of me and how I was fitting in. It is crazy, I know. 


This stance happened often. 

First ever football game to coach.  

It was also hard attending the first couple of football games and sitting by myself, because I did not know anyone. Thankfully I made some good friends in the other two coach's wives. Thankfully there were other amazing people I became good friends with. It just took time. 

I loved our time at our old school and become to love so many people there. I will always be thankful for those people! 

Now looking back on this time, I believe the Good Lord had a plan to help me overcome some of my weaknesses. I defiantly had to learn to be more outgoing and making an active effort to get to know people. 

I was finally starting to feel 100% comfortable in where I was and making friends and then BAM! We move again. That whole decision will have to be a post for another time. But we were not planning on moving but it is not our plan it is all God's plan. 

I felt like this second move was a little easier but it was still hard. I did make friends faster and got comfortable faster. 

Thankfully I had the "C" family here that was at the other school with us. Already knowing someone really helped this transition. 

The "C" family. 

If we had not listened and trusted in the Lord's plan then we would not have got to have time with this girl. 


So when the song "Home" came on it brought back all the struggles that I felt during the first year of being a coach's wife. 


I hope everyone no matter if they are currently moving, getting ready to move, or have lived in the same town for 10 years, feels as if they are at Home. 

Just remember to trust in His plan and He will always be Home. 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn

10 comments:

  1. It can be so hard to move and start over. Sounds like you are trying and that is what is important. Hang in there, it gets better and before you know it - you will be home. Linking from While I'm Waiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words!

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  2. I remember moving to College Station...single, pregnant and about to start my first class at A&M. I had a few friends attending college here but it was summer and again...I was pregnant...so not exactly the typical college student! It was hard but I learned so much about myself that summer. I think I had alway depended on my joy to come from other people and I definitely learned I had to create my own wherever I found myself. Being a coaches wife has got to be a tough one....especially coupled with your job. You obviously have grown so much and I love that you are turning to your faith to embrace his plan for your future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so brave! I love hearing from other people how they have handled change. Thank you for your super sweet words!

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Moving is so hard. Change is hard. I love your last line about trusting His plan, and that he will always be home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JulieAnn, I just love these posts!! You are a strong girl and doing a great job. All in God's time...he know;s you can handle this all!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for those sweet words! They mean a lot :)

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing your heart with us, JulieAnn! I lived in Amarillo once - for a year. Not gonna lie - longest year of my life! Like you, we were newly married and we didn't have a choice in the matter. It was rough but I look back and think, "if we can make it through that, we can make it through just about anything". God is good - sometimes it's hard when we can't see the why behind his ways. Can't wait to have you back next week at Waiting on...Wednesday!

    Have a super weekend!
    Holly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amarillo is not the place I want to live that is for sure! That is our motto as well! Thank you for hosting :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)