Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday: Rejoice in HIS Power

Hey guys!

This post is being posted late due to traveling to Oklahoma this afternoon to see my brother in law graduate from Boot Camp. YAY!

Today I am linking up with Holly for Waiting on Wednesday.


And what do you know I was a feature blogger! 

WHAT?!!? I know it is crazy. 

Never ever in a million years did I think this little blog would be featured on anything. 


THANK YOU HOLLY! 

So today I had more planned but as I was sitting here reading over my Bible Study I came across a certain verse that I feel I need to share. 

A little back story here. The very first day I went to the gym (which I was sooooo nervous about) one sweet lady invited me to a Bible Study with some other ladies in the community. I was nervous about it at first because I did not know any of them and I honestly was not in the best place in my daily walk with God. 

This is so hard to write because I grew up in Church, I have always had a strong relationship and just over time I became a slacker. My thirst and hunger for the Lord was not as strong as it was and should be. It is embarrassing but I feel as if we all go through ups and downs in our walk. 

So I got up the nerve to go to the Bible Study that first Friday and left feeling better than I had in a VERY.LONG.TIME

It is so funny how the Lord works. If I didn't get up and go to the gym, who knows if I would have found a great group of women who make me laugh, cry, and help me in my walk. 

We are working through the Chase study by Jennie Allen. 
" Chasing after the heart of God" 

You can find more out HERE

I am LOVING this study. It is based off David and his life. 

I have felt so much better since I started going. It is funny how one thing can change your prospective on things. 

Today I was reading and the verse that lead to this post was: 

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power, is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weakness, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." 

2 Corinthians 12:9 

We all have weaknesses and we all struggle at times but to know we have an AWESOME God out there and that just by HIS Grace we are saved. 

I don't know how many times I have read this verse and each time I read it I get something new out of it. 

I have always struggled with my self confidence. It would be a weakness of mine and it is something I have to work through daily. 

Instead of feeling bad about the "weaknesses" I see in me, maybe I should rejoice that no matter what God loves me and He is the one in control. 

Why is control so hard to give up!?!?!?! 

Why should I worry so much?!?!

Why can't I just trust in the Lord and rejoice in HIS power?!

This is something I will be making a true effort on daily. When I start doubting I will start rejoicing. 

No one on this earth is perfect and we all have weaknesses but with HIM we are saved, weaknesses and all. 

Did y'all get all of that? 

Sometimes when I get preachy I don't make sense.

That is maybe why when I was in 7th grade and it was my first time to read a scripture in front of the congregation at Church I wrote a paragraph and "preached" for a little bit. Ha Ha 

I hope we all can join together and rejoice in our weakness because we have the Power of Christ upon us. 

Today this verse spoke to me and some how this post happened! 

Sorry if it didn't make a ton of sense :) 

Come back and see my adventures out in Oklahoma! 

Thanks! 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn 

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! So much goodness! The courage it took for you to go to the gym (I TOTALLY get that!) and the courage of the lady to ask you to Bible Study! God gently guided you back to him by giving you a little extra dose of "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"! Keep up the great work! God's got big things planned for you! Thanks for sharing at Waiting on...Wednesday! Hope to see you back next week!

    Holly
    www.iwillservewhileiwait.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your encouraging words!

      It really means a LOT!!!

      Have a great day!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)