Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: Names


Today I am linking up with Andrea at Momfessionals for Show and Tell Tuesday. 


Today we are talking about "what's is in a name" 

Let's start with my name: JulieAnn Marie 

This is my great grandmother (Nanny), My mom, My gran and me

My first name is a little odd as I have two first names but they are put together. I have been told that my mom and dad both liked Julie and Ann so they put it together. You would think they could have done that without a problem but NO. The "A" for Ann is capital in my name yet it is all one word.

My mom is very protective over that capital "A" and will give someone a look if my name is not correct. ha ha She comes by it naturally as her name is DeLana. See the capital "L"

My middle name is Marie and I love that it holds so much meaning! My maternal great grandmother (Nanny) her middle name was Marie. I was blessed enough to spend 17 years of my life with my Nanny. She was such an amazing Christian woman and I miss her dearly.



Now on with my husband's name: Adrian Carl 
Both of his first and middle name are family names. So his was easy :)

:)

We do not have any kids right now but we have thrown around some names that we both really like.

Savannah Marie
I loved the movie Savannah Smiles growing up and I love the name. I do not want my poor kid to have a long name like me but my daughter will have to deal :)

Not only is Marie my middle name and my Nanny's middle name but it is also both of Adrian's grandmother's, and sister's middle name. So it is a family name.

Adrian Michael 

If we have a boy Adrian Michael is one of the top names we have talked about. Adrian is a family name on my husband's side and Michael is a family name on my side. He would go by Michael because two Adrian's is just too much :)

Other boys names we like:
Samuel Thomas
Patrick Roy
(Thomas & Roy are family names)

Who knows when we will use these names but I do look forward to that day.

I hope everyone has a great Tuesday!

XOXO ~ JulieAnn

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I finally paid attention and got it correct!! I wouldn't want to upset mom...but how sweet is that pic of you and your Nanny??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry about it. I don't mind as much as she does. :)

      Thank you I love her so much!

      Delete
  2. LOVE the names on your list! And what fun stories behind you and your husbands names :-)
    -Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)