Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: What am I really waiting on??

Hey guys!

It has been a full week since I last posted and I am feeling a little bad about that!

I have been MIA due to work and finishing up this semester of grad school. Sometimes in life it is hard to balance it all and I am not even a mom yet, YIKES! You guys are my heroes!

Today I am back and linking up with the always encouraging Holly for Waiting on Wednesday.


Today's post might be all over the place and I apologize for that. I am a social worker and most of the time I am documenting what is going on with my clients and before I started this blog I did not think writing would be therapeutic for me since I do that all day. However, this blog has turned out to be a bigger blessing for me than I ever thought. 

Do I have a thousand people looking at this a day? No. Do I get paid for anything I say? No. Do I feel that I can express how I am feeling and there be someone who has felt the same way? Yes! 

That is what makes this blog world so unique. There are days that I feel I am the only one pulled in fifty million different ways and going crazy trying to do everything but when I sit down and get to read about some of the other ladies lives and I know I am not alone. 

I know that right now my life is very busy with going to graduate school, working a demanding job, and being a coaches wife. 

As I was driving home last night at 10:00 p.m. from a VERY long and emotionally draining day I thought to myself when will my life slow down and not be as crazy. I pondered how am I going to have children and be there for them all of the time when I am working late nights. I was upset about coming home to my husband already being asleep and not being able to see him all day. {given he did try to stay up for me but he has been sick}. I was just feeling sorry for myself and not looking at things in the correct perspective.  Then today when I was giving blood it hit me like a ton of bricks, or a bunch of needles, and I realized I will always be waiting on something but shouldn't I just stop and embrace the now?

My life is not the only crazy life out there. I know that. 

I am sure others have had dinner at 9:00 pm in the car. 

Daily there are a lot of demands that have to be met in my life. I know I am not the only one out there that works through daily demands. I am not here to "feel sorry" for myself because from my job I KNOW there are many people out there that go through more on a daily basis then I do. 

Even though my day is crazy today and time management is crucial, I knew I needed to carve out some time to go donate blood at the school. 

Why did I just decide that this morning? Well earlier this week one of the ladies in my Bible Study group sent out a link to a great article and guess what this morning was the first day I went and read it. 

It was posted at the Proverbs 31 Ministries website and it is the Embracing the Inconvenient Devotional

I would HIGHLY recommend that you go out and read it. 

The very last part got me: 

Lord, help me learn to look past myself and see the needs of others. Teach me to love others the way YOU love them, sacrificially. In Jesus' Name, Amen. 

So what does that have to do with going to give blood?? Well you see yesterday when I was asked if I was going to go up there and donate, I said no, I just do not have time. 

Well that last line hit me! You do have time. I know that giving blood is a very small thing to do but what about that family, that are praying that their loved one will make it and needs a blood transfusion. Taking 30 minutes out of my day could help someone in a much larger way. 

This post is not about going out to give blood but it is about making time for the little things in life and not waiting around for life to be less crazy to act. 

Will life slow down after graduate school? Maybe, but in other ways it will get busier. 
{You know, kids and all} 

We are only given so many days in this world and only HE knows what day is our last. 

So why wait for life to slow down?

We can ALL do something. We will ALWAYS be busy. 

I know I need to remind myself to step back and realize how BLESSED I am to be this busy. 

So I hope someone got something out of this rambling and will take a second to gather themselves and remind themselves that we are blessed to get to be busy and crazy. 

Have a great day! 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn 

8 comments:

  1. "Do I have a thousand people looking at this a day? No. Do I get paid for anything I say? No. Do I feel that I can express how I am feeling and there be someone who has felt the same way? Yes!"

    I totally agree with that!

    And good for you for making the time to donate blood even though you're so busy! I'm one of those pass-out-squeamish-hates-blood-and-needles people so I couldn't do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by! I am glad I am not the only one that feels that way.

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this!!! I have been SOOOOO behind in my blog reading!! I am so glad you are blogging and have now introduced me to this link-up!! I wanna link up!! You just be the best YOU you can be!! It's great! You are changing lives, touching lives and helping others!! GO YOU!! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! You should so join the link up its a great one! You have no idea how much that means to me!!! Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Always, always you will be waiting on something and learning to live in the present is so hard....but so worth it! You are amazingly driven and I have no doubt finding balance is always going to be something you are faced with but you got this girl...I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are amazing! I needed to hear that. Thank you for taking time to read this!

      Have a great week!

      Delete
  4. I love this post and your heart, sweet friend! We will always be waiting but I've found it's what we do while we wait (hence the name of my blog!). :) We can choose to focus on ourselves and our problems or we can look around and see how we can help someone else. Looks like you've got this figured out WAY before I did! Good job, friend! Keep it up and I hope this week has been a little slower! Thanks for linking up at Waiting on...Wednesday and for your sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! I love that your blog is named that and love your passion for loving others! Who knows if I have really figured it out, sometimes I feel like I haven't :)

      This week has been much better! Thank you!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)