Monday, May 25, 2015

Favorite Things: Hair Products

It is Monday Y'all!

I hope everyone is enjoying this holiday weekend and remembering the real reason (most of us) are getting the day off.



Today I am linking up with Andrea and Erika for their Favorite Things Series. 


Today we are talking about hair products. 

Full disclosure here, I am not a super "girly girl" when it comes to do my hair and make up. I like to keep it simple. 

It is so funny that my hair stylist keeps telling me that this is the best & healthiest she has seen my hair! 
And mind you she has been doing my hair since I was a baby. So I guess I am doing something right. 

I get very bad dandruff and Head & Shoulders has been my go to for years to help with that. 

I have to buy bigger bottles because my husband likes Head & Shoulders as well. 

I get my hair colored a few shades lighter than my natural color. 
When I get my hair colored and for a couple of days after I use John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette Shampoo and Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Conditioner. 

These both smell AMAZING! 

My hair is naturally straight as a board so I try not to do to much to it. 
If I am going to let it towel/air dry {which happens often} then I just put some Coconut Milk on my hair. My stylist uses it every time I am there and it just makes my hair shiny and smells wonderful. 

I am a little kid and hate tangles! So I use Johnson's Kids detangling spray. 

On the days that I do blow dry my hair I add a couple of more things in my hair. 

First, I use the Kid's Detangling Spray and I use Suave Heat Protection before I even start blow drying my hair. 

I have super thick hair and it takes me 30 minutes to forty - five minutes to blow dry my hair. I use a blow dryer from Wal Mart. It does not get as much use as it once did.  

After blow drying it I normally just brush it and use Aussie Instant Freeze Hairspray. 

If it is nasty outside my hair can get a little frizz to it so I will use a little bit of John Frieda's Frizz Ease. 

I know this is going to sound terrible but there are days when I have early meetings and I have an hour or more drive, so after I towel dry my hair as best I can, I get into the car with it still wet and let it air dry until I get to my meeting. 

Let's see if you can spot a difference: 


Blow Dried. 

Blow dried. 

Air dried while going to a meeting. 

Air dried while going to a track meet. 

Air dried while getting to a basketball game. 

And most days my hair ends up in a pony tail. 




Or during Football season it looks like this...


Well I hope someone could follow along on my crazy explanation of my favorite hair products! 

I hope everyone stays safe this Memorial Day! 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn 

2 comments:

  1. Love that you still use detangler!! And I'm the same way...I can blow dry, straighten, the whole nine...and it ALWAYS ends up in a pony tail!! Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that I am not the only one! Have a great week!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)