Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday: The party I never got to host

Happy Tuesday Y'all!

Today I am linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday.


Today we are talking about the Favorite party we have hosted. 

I have helped with a couple of baby showers and bridal showers but never really been "the hostess" that does it all. With the showers I have done I have helped but up decorations, made food, etc. 

Last year we lived in a very small town and at our house we had a HUGE and pretty back yard. It was the perfect place for a party. 

One of the coaches was having a baby and I wanted to throw her and her husband (another coach) a baby shower. Thankfully there were some other teachers that were more than happy to help me. 

So I got everything together and the hubs was going to grill hamburgers and hot dogs. 

Everything was decorated and ready to go and THEN my phone rang. 

At that time I was working at Child Protective Services (CPS) and in our area since it was such a huge one had a on call person than a back up on call person. 

All of the other times I had been back up on call I never got a call so when this was the only weekend available for the shower I didn't think it was going to be an issue. 

Little did I know..... 

About an hour before the party I got that phone call. I had to go out and do an investigation because the on call worker was also out and would not be done in time. 

I ended up traveling about two hours away (we covered a massive area) and was out working until 11 pm and completely missed the party. 

So I did not get to attend my first party I "hosted" 

My husband never took any pictures so I don't even have proof of my party :( 

I do know that everyone had fun as they all told me about it the next day. 

I am currently planning a surprise graduation party and I cannot wait to show everything that I am doing :) 

I look forward to reading about everyone's favorite party. 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)