Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Track & Testing


Today I am linking up with the always sweet and inspiring Holly at While I'm Waiting from Waiting on Wednesday.


As I type this my husband and his 22 8th graders are taking the Science STARR test. 
Please say an extra special prayer for them!
As much as I talk about my husband being a coach he is a teacher first. He tells everyone that when they ask what he does. He will say " I am a teacher and then I am a coach" 

I am a worrier by nature and even though I know my husband has done a great job teaching his kids I still get nervous. 

This post is not about my like or dislike of the Starr test but about the importance of making sure the kids and the teachers feel encouraged and supported. 

If you have visited my blog before then you know that sometimes I get crazy ideas at all random times of the night. 

So at 2 am I decided that I would be making treats for Ad's 8th graders this morning. 

Thanks to Holly I found this cute idea


I then found the printable Here

Thank you Holly for finding this! 

Here was my take on it: 


I printed them off then cut them out and put them on black card stock paper so they could "pop"

I get this clear sacks at Wal-Mart for .98 

They come in a pack of 25 and I just get one more each time I go so I always have some. 
This ribbon I bought at the beginning of football season and I still have a ton of it left! 

Then I added Smarties into the bags

Then add the saying and ribbon 

{You can see the other sacks I am working on for the HS track team for tomorrow}

All 22 of them ready to go. 

Tomorrow is the High School District and Area Track Meet. 

I am working on treats for them and I am not sure what all I will do yet. I have some hard candies in there now. 

I have oranges to put in there as well. 

I normally go to Pintrest for any quotes I can add to the bags. 

If you are looking for some things to make the sports teams in your life you can follow my Coach G board on Pintrest HERE

I look forward to reading what everyone else is waiting on! 

Have a great Wednesday. 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE!!! And I know the students loved being thought of in such a sweet way. Great job, JulieAnn! And, thank you for linking this up for Waiting on...Wednesday! I hope you have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)