Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Show and Tell: New Year, New Goals

Hey guys!

I am linking up with  Andrea at Momfessionals for the first Show and Tell Tuesday.


Every new year I have the same goals, lose weight, stop drinking so much sweet tea, stop worrying what people may think of me, etc. and EVERY year I never follow through with those goals. So this year I am setting realistic goals and hopefully I will be able to achieve them. 

First off I want to feel comfortable and confident with myself. Instead of worrying about the number on the scale I want to get to the point where I am happy with myself. I think getting in this mind set will keep me more motivated than seeing a number. 

My second goal is to STOP worrying so much and have MORE Faith. I worry about everything! I spend more time worrying and stressing then anything. I am going to spend more time in the Word and trust in HIS timing and not mine :) 

My all time favorite chapter in the Bible is Hebrews 11. All throughout this chapter the author talks about all of the acts of faith there have been. My favorite verse that I need to remind myself of daily is: 

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him." 
                                                                     Hebrews 11:6

Another goal I have for this year is to stop sweating the small things. Oh the laundry is piled up, oh I am going to bed with the dishes not done. Oh WELL! I will stay up till 2 in the morning to make sure everything is done but so what if I have dirty dishes. I need to start thinking of the most important things and learn to not sweat if the small things are not done. 

My last goal will be to attempt to grow thick skin. Last night I posted about being upset after last nights game and I need to work on not letting what others say get to me. I know as a coaches wife there are going to be people who do not agree with my husband and who will say things about him. I get so upset when people say negative things about him but I need to realize that not everyone is going to agree or like you. This will be the hardest for me to work on as I am a "people pleaser" and just want everyone to get along. 

I have many more little goals I will be trying to accomplish but I do not want to bore you with them. So I will leave you with my favorite picture from 2014. 


2014 was so amazing and I cannot wait to share our journey through 2015 with everyone. 


XOXO ~ JulieAnn 





6 comments:

  1. I just read you got to go to the final George Strait concert. How cool! As for your resolutions... "Haters Gonna Hate" just think of something like that when you hear those unkind comments at the games. I also struggle with "letting things go" if they are unfinished. Sunday nights are the worse because I have these mental to-do lists I want finished before the new week starts. Happy New Year!
    Maren
    www.mainlymaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey!

      Thanks for the encouragement! I need it. The final George Strait concert was AMAZING! We were so lucky to get to go. I hope you have a great New Year!

      JulieAnn

      Delete
  2. I am so glad you have started a blog so I am able to keep up with what's going on with y'all. We miss y'all and Rodney misses Adrian just popping in and out! They would talk for hours about anything and everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe :) we miss yall too. The next time we are in R Star we will have to come by!

      Delete
  3. We have some similar goals! I really have to let go and have more faith! I am trying!! Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great minds think a like! :)

    I hope you have a great year too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)