Friday, January 2, 2015

First Friday Favorites of 2015

Hey!

So since I am new to this blog world this is my fist time to link up and participate in Friday Favorites. (I hope I do it right :)


First off, I want to say that the past two weeks off has been my FAVORITE time. I have been able to spend some quality time with Adrian. Which if your husband is a coach and spends more time with other children and at school than he does at home then you know how rare it is to get to spend so much time together. As much as I love what he does it is nice to get to have him to myself :) 

Us at the George W. Bush Library at SMU. 

I do think my husband looks like President material. (: 
He was not so happy that I wanted to pay to have this picture taken when we could have asked someone to take it with one of our phones..... but where is the fun in that. 

My favorite part of the Library was the 911 exhibits. Those pictures are on my camera and I am at the farm and do not have it with me so no pictures of that for now but I am sure I will post them at some point. I was just in the fourth grade when 911 happened but I still remember it like yesterday. I am part of the "post 911 generation" where I do not know anything but an active war going on. I am not here to get into politics but I do believe that everyone deserves to know what it feels like to be Free. I am forever thankful for the men, women, and their families for everything that they sacrifice to keep us free. #proudAmerican 


Our Winnings! 

By far one of my FAVORITE trips we have ever taken was a short trip to Shreveport. I have by far the worst luck, so when I had a great roll on the CRAPS table and won over $500 I was so excited. A little note about me, I never thought I would like gambling but I have learned to only take a certain amount of money and once its gone, its gone. Our motto about going to Vegas and gambling is it is not going to change our lifestyle. I mean the $500 was great and after that everyone got better Christmas gifts and we were able to pay for my brother's Church Camp. I will say we are very blessed to have great jobs and get to enjoy ourselves by doing things that I thought I would never be able to do.  

Us at the end of the trip. 
(Please ignore Ad's shirt he says it is his lucky shirt and who am I to disagree) 



My FAVORITE Christmas decorations this year had to be our yard. So little background information on us is my husband grew up showing pigs and his sister is still in school and showing pigs. We go to all of the stock shows and Ad loves his pigs. Well I saw this cute light up pig that had on a Santa suite a couple of years ago and just had to have it. Well...... It was a little out of my price range so I waited and waited and waited and then out of no where my uncle bought it for us. Yes, my uncle is awesome. So Ad put it on the roof of our house with Eat More Beef in lights. We had a lot of people drive by and comment on how original our lights were. 


One of my FAVORITE quotes. I feel that with hard work, faith, and a great support system anything is possible. I count my blessings daily and try not to get caught up in having the "best" and "newest" things. I am already one blessed lady. 



By far my FAVORITE gift we gave this year were the jackets we bought and had monogrammed for everyone. The jackets say Pierson Ranch (which is Ad's families Ranch in R. Star). Everyone LOVED them! I was so thankful that everyone loved them. I love getting to make people feel loved and special.

Last but not least I will leave you with some of my FAVORITE pictures from the past two weeks.

New Stockings 

Us on the bus headed to a basketball game. 

Us headed to my grandparents for Christmas Dinner. 

Christmas with the girls. 

Headed to a basketball tournament. 

Well that my friends is my first Friday Favorites! I hope you enjoyed it :) 

I am off to take my sister- in-law and her friends to a movie while the Hubby cleans his deer he got this morning. 


XOXO ~ JulieAnn 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)