Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Spiel the Beans - Surviving the Summer

I'm excited to be linking up today with Shelly and Katy to share our summer bucket survival list! 



I am officially done with school, until June :) So I am counting May as the staring point for our summer.

Sadly, EVERY SINGLE weekend in May is already taken up with commitments we have to attend, so I don't feel that we have any great plans in May that we will be able to check off our summer bucket list.

I call this post "Surviving the Summer" because let me tell you, summer is hard. Summer is the hardest time at work and this year I have school and I have to finish my internship. Ad is also in graduate school this summer, so really we are going to be the no fun zone for a couple of months.

My only day off this summer will be on Saturday's (when I am not hosting parent trainings) and we are going to make the most of our time together.

My number one item on how we are going survive this summer is to spend time together. 
During the summer Ad normally goes home and cuts, bails, and hauls hay, so he is gone a lot. He also has coaching school he goes to and then he goes on vacation with my family while I get to work, so spending quality alone time together is what I am looking forward to. 

Another way we are going to survive this summer is getting to go on vacation back to trusty Vegas in July! 

Then in August between school being over and Ad starting back school (his job), I hope we can fit in a little weekend trip between two a days and football scrimmages. We need to celebrate grad school being done and my birthday! 

Honestly this summer I am just hoping I make it out in one piece as it is going to be more than crazy. I know this is just the season of our life and I will be so thankful we went through all of this one day. 

If we have time I hope we can do a couple of more things this summer: 

* Go to the drive in movies - We live 30 miles from one and have yet to go. #wefail 
* Go to the Texas Sports Museum #wearesportsnerds
* Host a fish fry at our house - We did this a couple of years ago and had the best time. 

Even with all the craziness this summer will hold, I still can't help but get excited about this time of year. 

I can't wait to see what everyone else is planning to do this summer. 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn

6 comments:

  1. Love the fact that you're planning things even though you'll be working so much! And I agree that spending time with your husband is so important! Enjoy your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your summer - lists are fun but enjoying the little things is what matters most! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for hosting the link up!

      Delete
  3. Girl....you can see the light at the end of the tunnel and that is a good feeling! I know it will be a crazy summer but in the end it will be worth it. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good feeling! I just wish it was here already :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)