Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Beach Time

Hey!

I am sorry I have been so MIA, please bear with me through July & then you will get nothing but Football, Football, and more Football. HA HA HA

I know you guys are excited. #Imightgoalittlecrazyduringfall

So where in the world am I today?!?!



The Beach! 

South Padre Island to be exact. 

We come here every year but this year all I have in this pretty place is 48 hours then it is back to work for me. 


#selfiefail

I have no idea why I am wearing my sunglasses inside.

If I could have this view every day I might actually read some more for grad school. 


Yes, my husband is a master on the grill. 

So this morning as I am typing this, I am being blinded by the sun, hear multiple lawn mowers, and see multiple people down below cleaning the pools. 

But most importunely I see God's AMAZING creation. 

The wind, the sand, the water, the sun. 

These are things that I see daily (minus the sand & ocean) but why does it take a breathtaking place to remind me of just how Awesome God's creation is!

I am so thankful to have this 48 hours to spend in the sand & sun and with my family. 

I am needing to work on being more intentional with the time I spend with my hubby as in just a couple of weeks, he starts two-a-days and will never be heard from again till May. 

So I am overreacting but once football starts back, he is NEVER home. It's just our life. 

In bigger schools there are different coaches for different sports but at a small school my husband does everything, along with the two other coaches. 

Cross Country, football, basketball (boys), and track. 

and that is for both Jr. High & High School. :) 

So while he is gone bay fishing I am going to finish up some work this morning and then it is off to the beach with my guy! 


On Sunday, was our engagement anniversary. 

Is that a thing? 

Maybe since I am still in "newlywed" territory here I just want to celebrate everything. 

:) 




Night of our engagement. 

Not a super romantic story, but it was perfect. 

Short version, I knew he had a ring, I had been in Amarillo for THREE longs months, he wanted to pick me up in Abilene, we went to eat at Texas Roadhouse (my FAV), got in his truck, he handed me a gift and there was the ring, some sappy words exchanged, we were engaged. It only took us six years to get there. 

But I would NOT change a thing! 

I am off to get on a conference call that I will be doing from my balcony. Who said that working on vacation was all that bad ;) 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn 



P.S ~ Everyone needs to go check out Shelly at Queen In Between and  Katy at Queen of the Kings for their first link up! 


This link up is all about celebrating women who inspire you! 

How awesome is that?!?!

I have so many and I cannot wait to participate next time! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you've been having some fun this summer! Oh how I'm longing to go to the coast. We didn't make it to the beach last year and I'm totally a beach girl so I'm determined it's going to happen in August. Making that time to be intentional with your man is so hard when there are so many competing priorities. You are on the right track JulieAnn! Thanks for the shout out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have got to get to the beach ASAP! It is a yearly thing for us and I hope we can continue to do it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)