Thursday, March 26, 2015

Thinking Out Loud Thursday: Family

Hey guys! 

Only two more days till the weekend! Yesterday I had a community resource meeting and got to show off my green for Cerebral Palsy Awareness Day. Thank you Katie at The Mishaps and Mayhem of a Solitary Life for giving everyone the heads up about it on Instagram! 

Car Selfie for the win 

Today I am linking up with Vanessa at X-Tremely V  and Penny at Penny's Passion for Thinking Out Loud Thursday. 




 I have been doing a lot of thinking about family and how you do not have to be "blood" related to be a part of a family. We are currently loving on a sweet sweet girl who is not blood related to us but she is a part of our family! Today she is competing in One Act Play and I could not be prouder of her! 

So last night we went over to one of the other coaches home, " the C family", and celebrated a special guy's birthday. You learn early on as a coach and a coaches wife that you become VERY attached to the sweet kids your husband is with for hours upon hours with. T and Ty are two of those kids! 


I told Ty that this was going to be my "go to" summer outfit. Not the greatest picture but no one accused me of being on top of the fashion trends! 


The chips were "Texas" shaped and I could not find one so I attempted to make my own. 
Not two seconds later did Ty find a whole Texas. #Imighthavestruggledthroughgeography 

The guys made pork ribs, beef ribs, pork chops, and hot dogs (just for me as I don't eat ribs)

My girl Ty

And this was my dinner. Hot Dog, Ham, Rice, and a tortilla. I promise it was yummy! 


T on his birthday! 

This girl :) 


I happen to really love this guy! 

Ad got the smart idea to get cake all over T's face. 




T got him back :) 

By far my favorite picture. :) 


"Let them eat cake" 


When we got home (rather late) Ty and I stated up and baked (from scratch) Chocolate Chip Cookies. Too bad I failed at taking a picture of them! 

We did put together this tub full of goodies including the cookies for the cast and crew today at District One Act Play. 



There was so much stuff in this thing! I hope the kids love it. 


Last night my sweet friend tagged me in this post on Facebook and it made me cry! Love you girl! 

So my scripture for Day 1 is: 

"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." 

Micah 6:8 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn 









4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up today! My dad was my softball coach my from a very young age, and I loved watching the other girls embrace him like he was theirs. You are both more valuable to those kids than you may ever know! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! You are so sweet. Thank you for the kind words :)

      Delete
  2. Love this post!! Such sweet kids! You and your husband are wonderful role models! Thanks for the shout out on the blog and bringing awareness to CP!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! Thank you so much for the kind words. :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)