Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: Who were YOU in High School

I am so excited about this today!

I am linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday.


This Tuesday we are all talking about who we were in high school. 

I was always told you either love high school or you love college. 

Well..... I LOVED high school. 

Yes, I was that girl. That annoying girl who had a ton of pictures in the yearbook {Yay for being on the yearbook staff!}  that girl that missed almost everyday of school in the spring due to playing three spring sports, that girl that had the best friends and had the cutest boyfriend ;) {so I am a little biased} 

First let me start off by saying that I grew up in a VERY SMALL town of 800 people. 

Where is Rising Star you might ask?

Maybe that helps?!


Here is main street 

Another picture from the gas station

Market Building 



This is the only picture I could find of the high school. 

My graduating class (2010) was 21 people and my husband graduated with 9 people in 2009. 

Let me just warn you that this might be will be picture overload! 

This so accurately shows my school. So we had a pilot come fly over our football field my senior year and this is everyone K-12, facility & staff making a 10 on the football field. the best part is the COWS in the field behind the track. I LOVE small town life! 

I was am the biggest cheerleader for my main man! 

This is by far one of my favorite pictures we ever took in high school. 
This was his last football game to ever play and it means so much to me to have been there with him! 


I did cross country all FOUR years of high school. 
We made it to regionals each year and I have some of the best memories from Cross Country. 



He always came and supported me :) 

I have some brains too. I made it each year to Regionals in UIL academics in Current Events & Social Studies. Odd I know. 

I was also a band nerd! I was the drum major my Soph - Sr. year. 
I had the best time and got to wear a cool cape! 



We always had fun during band. 

I have so many pictures of my back side from band.... 

Homecoming! 

We made sure we always had the best homecoming signs. 

Us five girls all together. 

Very last game

I got Band Sweetheart my senior year. 

Everyone knows that Homecoming in Texas calls for Mums and the bigger the Mum the better! 

My sport is basketball! I am a sports nerd. There is no way around it. 
I was lucky enough to start on varsity all four years of high school and was a team co-captian two of those years. 


{top right: my favorite picture ever. It was taken my very last game and I was known to foul out and play a little rough......opps} 

My brother & cousins were always there to cheer me on! 

Along with this guy!

I did track my Freshman year and we made it to Regionals but I was by far the slowest one and I knew track was not my thing. 

So then I was the track manager for the next three years. 

Let me tell you a little story about this picture. I ATTEMPTED to play tennis one year. Me and my BFF Tiffany {to my right} played doubles together. Let me tell you it was a DISASTER! We were the worst. No lie. Like hit me in the back while she was serving, the worst. So back to this picture. This was the last tennis meet of the year and I was DONE. I hated every second and I hadn't gotten to eat all day long! I was hot, tired and hungry. Not a good combo. So in this picture I had gotten smart {for the FIRST time in my life} to my coach about how OVER tennis I was and how I wanted to go home. YIKES! I am so embarrassed to even tell the story but it was a life lesson for sure! 

So I did golf my first three years of high school because my friends and boyfriend was playing. Isn't that how all decisions are made in high school? I knew NOTHING about golf and I am still as bad today as I was then. Thankfully my husband is a great golfer and made golf meets fun. 

Look at that swing.  I even have a golf glove. 

:) 

By far my favorite picture of my BFF Tiff and me. 
We talked ALL THE TIME. 

I was also the powerlifting manager but can't seem to find any pictures of that. I was a class officer all four years. I also ended up with a high A average and graduated near the top of my class. So I did more than just sports :) 

I was also on Yearbook Staff all four years and one year we went to yearbook camp. Who knew that was a real thing?! 

Each year the school would put on a Coronation where each class would vote on a girl class favorite and a boy class favorite. We would  get all dressed up, walk down an aisle and let our families take tons of pictures and then literally 20 minutes later it would be over. 

Freshman Class Favorite 

Jr. Class Favorite 
{side note: Kaleb was also the Best Man at our wedding} 

Senior year -Most Friendly 

Ad Senior year: Mr. Rising Star High School (:


I did things outside of school as well. 
I tried out for Miss Rising Star {got runner up} 
Helped with VBS every year. 
Got the wild idea to coach my brother's little league basketball team with my BFF. 
Co-hosted a Retirement party for our coach. 

I was always voted most helpful & most dependable. 
My husband on the other had always got voted most talkative & biggest complainer. 
Opposites DO  attract. 
{see the Dell laptop that is super cute... yeah my hubs got that for me my senior year. He spoiled me way too much. It was very thoughtful though because my family was going through a hard time and he was able to help out in a bigger way then he will ever know!} 

We goofed off A LOT! 
{top left: I was in One Act Play for two years until the school stopped doing OAP} 


We had bond fires, camp outs and pool days. 


We had fun on the bus and took crazy pictures. 

We took fun senior class pictures. 

Ad was Prom King his senior year. 

Prom was always a blast!

My family was there supporting me at every turn! 
My mom even came to golf meets.... umm really?!?!
She is awesome though! 


Graduation. 
I also was selected Rising Star High School Student of the Year.  It was such an honor! 

The best part of high school was having the best friends a girl could ever ask for and starting a relationship with the best boyfriend {then husband} a girl could ever have! 



How sweet is this?! My family did this and it is in my senior yearbook. 

My senior class. 

So if you are still with me THANK YOU! 

I hope you got to see just how great high school was for me and the special memories that were made during those short four years! 

This year marks the fifth year I have been out of high school and it has FLOWN BY! 

I have been beyond blessed with my family, my friends, my small town, and my husband. 

I can't wait to see who you were in high school! 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn

4 comments:

  1. Such an awesome high school experience! As a former homeschooler, let me just say I am jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that this is both of you!!! So cute!! I thought I graduated with a small class...52 but 21 and 9 yikes!! So fun seeing all of this!! PS- I am OLD!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yeah my class was the biggest one :) 52 is still small though. and you are not old!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)