Tuesday, August 4, 2015

23



Yesterday, Erika did her goals for her 32nd birthday and I really enjoyed it so here are my 23 goals for my 23rd year of life! Some of them are silly, serious, but they are all the truth. 


1. Take more time to live in the now. I have a bad habit of worrying about this or that and I just need to sit back and stop that! 

2. Have a daily quite time. I struggle with doing this daily. I always feel so much better after being in the Word. 

3. Take care of myself! Ugh. I work a stressful job and I am so BAD at self - care. 

4. Take pride in myself. I am my biggest critic. 

5. Be more involved. I am very involved with the school and the kids but I would also like to find something outside of being a "coach's wife" to be involved in. 

6. Take time to go back home.  I am always too "busy". It really is sad that I am not better about this. 

7. Keep up with this blog. I really love the community this blog creates! I hope to keep it up. 

8. Travel more. 

9. Cook more at home. I do enjoy cooking and should do it more! 

10. Be a better gift giver. 

11. Get Christmas gifts bought by November. I know this seems silly but I always wait till the last minute and I am always shopping on Christmas Eve. UGH! 

12. Procrastinate LESS. I am the procrastinator support group leader. I am the best procrastinator ever. I really need to work on this! 

13. Spend less. Save More.  I am not the saver in the family but I should be better about this! 

14. Get done with graduate school. I will actually be done a couple of weeks after my 24th birthday but all of the work will come during this 23rd year of live. 

15. Enjoy Adrian getting done with graduate school. He will be done this year too and I am so excited and proud of him! 

16. Invite more friends over for dinner. 

17. Unplug myself from social media & emails. I know I spend too much time on the phone. 

18. Spend more quality time with the hubs. He is busy and gone from August to May so in the time I do get to see him I want to make the most of it. 

19. Go to more Spurs games. I love the Spurs and we are so close to San Antonio! 

20. Be more creative. I am not the most creative person but I hope to be! 

21. Read more books. I used to hate reading but have gotten better about reading for fun. I hope to keep this up! 

22. Let it GO! I am the worst about this! I let everything get to me. 

23. Have FUN and ENJOY this year. 



Have a great day! 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn 

4 comments:

  1. You must have an older soul...I never would have dreamed you were only turning 23! You seem very mature for a 23 year old....and I'm saying this as a mom of an almost 25 year old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hear that A LOT! Sometimes I have to remind myself that I am only in my early twenties. Just last night I was telling Ad how frustrated I was about being 26 (hopefully) before I am done with school and clinical hours. He was so funny, and was like "yeah your so right, you will be so old, you are just going to be a failure". I just need to chill out sometimes :)

      Delete
  2. Wow what a great idea this was!! Great post!! Happy belated!! I have been off my blogging game lately...love the new look of yours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)