Saturday, April 11, 2015

Sports

Good Morning!

Sorry I have been so MIA this week has been a long week. I have done nothing but work,work, work and work some more.

I was not planning on blogging today because I normally don't on the weekends but Andrea at Momfessionals and Erika at a Little Bit of Everything had created the photo challenge on Instagram and today's photo prompt is Sport.

By the way you can follow me on Instagram HERE. Tonight is Evant's Prom so you may or may not see the Greenfield's go back to prom :)

Okay so back to what this post was originally intended to be about.... Sports.

I do not know where I would be in my life without sports. I played them growing up and I learned so many lessons from them. How to lose gracefully, how to win with class, how to take an elbow to the face and have your face swell up the size of a tennis ball (true story). I also learned early on that softball is wayyyy over my head. I am not that coordinated to play softball. I am in awe of everyone who is able to play softball!

In high school I learned that hard work does pay off. I worked so hard and was made a starter on the varsity basketball team my freshman year. I was in NO way a star athlete but I worked hard and wanted to win. I learned that losing hurts. I learned that winning felt great. I learned that you have to work harder than you ever thought you could work. I learned to depend on my teammates. I learned more about myself than anything. I learned that I could push through and run five miles during a cross country workout. I learned that I could lift more in the weight room than I even thought. I learned when to lead with words and when to step back and lead quietly.  I learned so many life lessons from those four years of my life playing sports.

Cross County with my bestie, Kasey. 

We used to have really early morning workouts and then when we would get ready for school we would talk about our future and what we want and don't want. I remember having a conversation one morning with her about how I was not going to marry a coach because I did not want my kids to be labeled as the "coaches kid". #neversaynever

Even after he graduated he came to support me. 

We made it to Regionals! 

Every year all of the Sr.'s walk across the football field after the last home game. 


Sr. 2010

My love after his last football game in 2008. 

I was lucky enough to play basketball with my besties 


We loved  love goofing off :) 

My three biggest fans. My brother & cousins 



All of the kids in elementary signed this for us before our playoff game.

My favorite sport is basketball. 

Both the boys & girls won district in Track. 

Then three short years later Ad got hired as a coach and a teacher at a small school. So here I am a coaches wife. What a ride it has been so far. I love seeing how passionate he gets about the game and his kids. 

His first ever football game to coach. 


First playoff basketball game. 

First State Track Meet to coach at.


We spend a LOT of time just hanging out at the football field walking around talking about life :) 

I started making him take a picture after every football game so I could remember this short time in our lives. 




Basketball Season

Winning Jr. High Boy's District 

Basketball Season 

We spend a lot of "date" nights at other games scouting or playoff games. I spend a lot of time making treats for the kiddos because I want them to know that they are supported. I take a whole lot of pride in what my husband does day in and day out. 

One of our "date nights" at a football playoff game. 

I talk a lot about our life here on the blog as a coaches wife. It is a big part of who we are. My name is JulieAnn but to the kids I am Coach Greenfield's wife and that is okay with me. 

From Sr. Night 2015

I feel very blessed that the Lord gave us this opportunity to be where we are in our lives at such a young age. I am thankful to the Lord that my husband has a great platform to be a good role model. I love watching these kids grow and learn. I love watching them win and realize that all of their hard work has paid off. I hate seeing them lose and see the heart ache on their faces and my coach's face. 

I know the world does not revolve around sports. I know that there is much more to life than sports. However, in our lives sports give us so much joy. I love that sports are how we have made so many friendships with people we might not have ever met before. 

I love that this blog gives me a platform to share how much this role I have right now means to me. We all have roles in our lives that we can use to share joy and love with others. 

Right now this role is "more public" than others and I feel blessed that the Good Lord has entrusted me to fill this role He created for me. 

Everyone should check out this trailer for this amazing film by Jonathan Moore about life as a coaches wife. 




You can find the trailer HERE

You can check out the Facebook page HERE

I am very excited to see the film and I think it will make a good "girls day" with all of my fellow coaches wives. 

I know this post was long! I just wanted to share a little bit of what was on my heart today. 

I hope you all have a GREAT weekend! 

XOXO~ JulieAnn 







2 comments:

  1. Best post ever!!! Yes to all of this! AND ohemgee, I can't wait to see that movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I can't wait either! It looks like it is going to be so good!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)