Monday, January 4, 2016

Christmas Trip Part 1

Happy Monday! If you are getting ready for work like my husband is this morning I am sorry. I went back last Monday. So I thought I should share about or Christmas vacation, maybe it will make this Monday a little better :) I am so excited to share about our trip with you guys!

I have been begging to go to Charleston for the longest time and my sweet husband surprised me with a trip over Christmas break. 

{Warning: Picture overload ahead!} 

We left home on Thursday night and headed to Weatherford to stay with Adrian's grandparents. 

The truck was packed and we hit the road. 

We headed out Friday morning. 

We could not leave Texas without some Whataburger. 

We drove all day and got to Memphis around 7 pm. 
I looked all over the place for the best place to find BBQ in Memphis and Trip Advisor did not disappoint! 

Central BBQ it was! 

I got pulled pork and mac & cheese. 

Adrian had pulled pork and a side salad. This salad was huge!


I loved these old doors. 




As soon as we got back in the truck all of the lights in downtown went out. 

We then drove a couple of more hours to Huntsville, Alabama, where we stayed the night. 

On Saturday morning we headed out to Lynchburg, TN to the Jack Daniel's Distillery. I originally did not think I would enjoy this but I had a blast. 

We got there early and was in the first tour group. 



We had to ride a little bus to the warehouse. 

These are 7 stories high that hold all of the Jack Daniels. 


Wood that they burn to make the coals. 



Old firetruck. 







These were huge! 





We got our own bottle engraved. 

After the tour we walked around the town. 

cute table at lunch

I love this guy so much! 

We walked into a store and found this from San Saba, Texas. 
We used to live in San Saba and we now live about an hour away. 


While we were driving to Charleston we saw all of this water coming off the mountains. It was beautiful. 

That night we made it to Charleston. 

If you are still with me THANK YOU! 

I will be doing part 2 soon. 

I will say that if you are ever in Tennessee or close you should go check out the Jack Daniel's Distillery. 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)