Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: Where Were You on 9/11

Today I am linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday.


Today I am talking about where I was on September 11, 2001 

In 2001 I was nine years old and in 4th grade. I remember going into the band hall that morning for band. I remember our band director, Mr. Howard, had the TV going and we saw the second plane hit. At that moment I did not understand what was happening. All I remember is silence. We were all stunned. I think we were all too young to really get it. I just remember Mr. Howard telling us that things will have forever changed in this world. 

After leaving band I remember going back to the elementary school and it being a sad and long day at school. I remember being scared that something was going to happen to us at our school. It was a silly thought. Who would know of my small town in Texas and would want to hurt anyone? But I am sure that is what those brave men and women thought that morning in New York. 

I think each year since that time I am effected more and more by September 11th. I watch the news on that day and re-watch what happened. I become emotional each year. I have been told that my age group is the "Post 9-11 generation". It makes sense because soon after that day our Nation went to war and for most of my teenage and now adult life we have been engaged in a war.  

That day changed life for so many people and every year my heart is heavy for those that lost so much that day and who have lost since then. 

This Christmas break Adrian and I went to SMU and visited the President George W. Bush Library. It had a great exhibit over 911. I remember going through it and becoming emotional. Regardless of your feelings on President Bush, if you are ever able to go to SMU I would recommend it. 


Let us Never Forget. 

God Bless America. 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)