Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Show & Tell Tuesday: Favorite Room

Hey guys!

So many things have been going on here and haven't had a chance to post much but  I WILL do better.

First off, I am only a day late #storyofmylife, but Happy Texas Independence Day Yall!

#bornandraised 

Today I am linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday. Today I will give you the grand  tour of my two favorite rooms at our house. 


Before I get started I want to let you know that we live in a VERY small town of 400 people and there are not many houses to choose from. It is hard when your husband is a coach and you happen to move (A LOT). So we were told from the beginning of this journey to Evant that it would be very hard to find a house to live in. We got lucky with finding this house. Our friends, who are also a coach and his wife, had just moved to Evant and told us that it took them a while to find a house. On the night of Adrian's interview, our friends, the C family, took us around town and showed us a house they had called about but never heard back. So that night I called every number listed and BAM, the owners answered and said that they would be happy to rent to us. Moral of the story is that there is not many places to pick from and we were very lucky for this house to be available for us!  

So now on with the tour! I picked both the living room and the kitchen as my favorite rooms as they are the spaces we spend the most of our time when we are home. 

On the left side of the hallway before going into the living room. 
I saw this off of Pintrest and showed Ad. He ended up making this LOVE shelf out of wood and mounted it on the wall. I love this piece so much and have my scrap books and pictures on it. I think it works great in the hallway! 

When walking in the front door turn to the right and this is what you see. 

Wall to the right when walking in. Our initials and marriage certificate. This is also a lamp that Adrian made out of a tree he cut down. #mycountryboy

Close up of the table and lamp he made. 

Wall to the left.... Wedding photos and Love sayings 

Our house is very small and I ended up moving my desk and "office" into the back of the living room. 

View from my desk. Yes my desk is purple and I love it. 

Couch, table the hubs made and my spark! 

Better picture of the table. I love all the home made furniture in our house. 


Ad's favorite chair 

A lot of football and basketball games are watched on this TV by multiple people. 

Cross wall 

My favorite part of my living room is this bench Adrian made. 


This black book case was my great grandmother's and it was always in her house. I have so many things on it that I love. It may not match the rest of the furniture but it means so much to me. 

Very top: My aunt made the HPU plate for Adrian and I's college graduation. We went to Howard Payne University (HPU) 


Second shelf has a cup and saucer I bought in London that was a part of the Queen Victoria Collection. Then there are our champagne glasses from our wedding that has our names and wedding date. 
Then there is a picture of us on the night of our engagement.    

Third Shelf: Adrian's sister and her winning pig, a signed copy of President George Bush's book (Thanks T!)
A picture of Ad and I at the George Bush library over Christmas. 
Then my little clock that I received for being Social Work Student of the Year in 2013. 

The bottom shelf: A picture from Ad's first football game he coached.

That my friends is the living room. Now is a quick peek inside the kitchen. 

Walking out of the living room and you have the kitchen. 


These are my two favorite things in the kitchen. 


Back Door. 

You can't see the table that good in the previous picture but Ad also made this big Texas table and this picture was taken at our graduation party. 

My first boss Becky made me this beautiful ribbon frame. 

Then our little table. Ad is in the process of making us a dinning room table and hopefully we will have it soon. #keepyourfingerscrossed 


This was yesterday. My little table can hold a lot of food. We had eight people over and I might have over cooked. After the guys headed off to watch a playoff game while some of us stayed in and watched the Bachelor: Women Tell All and boy did they tell yell it all. #itwasintense

Last but not least these are my favorite things in my house. They are not in the kitchen but out in the garage but I love them. 

Ad surprised me with these beautiful things. Yes I do realized that I called a washer and dryer beautiful. #pleasedon'tjudgeme

So I hope you have enjoyed my very long post about my favorite rooms in my house. We are hardly ever here but when we are these two rooms are where we like to be the most. 

I hope everyone has a great day! 

Come back tomorrow for our San Antonio Trip part 2 :) 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn 




















8 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that bench is too cool! LOVE it! Makes me feel like I'm off in the woods somewhere :-)
    - Erin (No Bohns About It)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your cross wall! Stopping by from Momfessionals, and had to share that my hubby is a coach (of sorts) too! He's the video coordinator for a collegiate football team! Got to love their crazy schedules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's awesome. They have the craziest schedules!

      Delete
  3. LOVE all of your rustic decor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok so first of all I just want to say I have to find myself a DIY husband!! HA!! Awesome projects!! Beautiful home!! LOVE the cross wall and your fun red appliances!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you do! They are very handy (when mine wants to be at least) ha ha.

      Thank you for the sweet compliments. The cross wall is one of my favorites. I am always looking for more crosses for it. I might have a little obsession with red. Yikes!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)