Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Show and Tell Tuesday: My First Jobs

Happy Tuesday!

Today I am linking up with Andrea for Show and Tell Tuesday.



Today I am going to share about my first jobs and my husband's first jobs.


I did a ton of babysitting through high school and loved it! My senior year I started working at a daycare that was about 10 minutes away from my house. It was a great job.

I spent most of the time watching this sweet girl. 

I love them! 

In August of 2010, I started working in the Admission Office at Howard Payne University, where I was attending.



I had the most amazing boss ever! I worked in the "back" of the office where I entered all the data from the admissions office into the university's data base. I learned so much in this job! I also got to give campus tours and help plan & work events for prespective students. 

Becky was my boss and became more like a second mother to me. 


Me, Becky, and my friend Natalie at our graduation.

Me and Becky at my wedding

I love her! 

After college I became a "official job hopper", just kidding, well kinda. 

I worked as an investigator for Child Protective Services for a year. 
I really could write a book about my feelings but don't worry this isn't the place to share :) 
I did have an amazing boss that kept me sane! 
Me and her are still good friends and I know she will always be there for me. 


Then I started working as a case manager for a Child Placing Agency. 
Foster Care is not for me. 
I loved the families and children I worked with but the job was HARD. 
But.... I did get lucky in the boss department again and I still talk almost daily to my old boss and now friend. 

Me and Beth 


Now I work as a case manager for a Post Adoption Agency and I must say that I LOVE it! 
I have amazing bosses and fun co-workers. 
Hopefully, this job will be it for a while :) 


Now on to my husband's jobs. 

Adrian grew up on a farm and he started hailing hay and doing manual labor at an early age. I credit those experiences for building his strong work ethic today. 

While he was in college he officiated, football, basketball, baseball, and softball games. 

Thankfully he never did any of my games! 

After college he got his first teaching and coaching job in Cherokee. 



We were there for a year and now he is starting his second year as a jr. high science teacher and coach at Evant. 





So there you have it! Those are our crazy but amazing jobs! 

Have a great week! 

XOXO ~ JulieAnn

1 comment:

  1. An admission officer would be so interesting, I think that you need to give us some insight or how that actually goes down! I think it'd be so fun to be married to a coach. I love sports!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I love seeing your comments. I read and respond to each comment. I look forward to hearing from you. :)